I really like it but...

Options
EstercolinoAGL
EstercolinoAGL
Community Member

Alright so with all the fuss about lastpass being bought up and people complaining about it, i decided to pull the trigger for 1password even though i started to use dashlane.
I liked the interface, that all the categories that it made me switch.

However, there is one feature that i am missing a lot and that's one of the reasons i still use last pass even though i bought the IOS and OSX versions.
My company is super secure. No Cloud access, no USB access, no special apps can be installed in the laptop meaning I can only use 1Password with my personal stuff. The problem is that i like to go my bank and other places at work but with 1password I CANT!!!!!

I could use 1passwordanywhere, but i am the paranoid type, and because it was not written by abilebits i do not want to use it.
Also, assuming i could access dropbox via the web extension (i doubt it because our firewalls block all the cloud storage websites) i use icloud sync so i am double screwed.

Hence, that's why i still use lastpass premium, even though i prefer to use 1password. Even dashlane supports web access without client installed on the host machine.

So, Agilebits, here are some question for you guys:

1. Do you already have a plan to solve this problem? Are you actively working on this.
  2. Do you plan to own 1passwordanywhere?
  3. Do you plan to have an extension that would use icloud?
  4. why not allow your application to store that file in your own private secure cloud? I mean lets say that the file 10k (smaller if compressed) and you have 1M users, that would be barely 10Gb of data. Thats not really a lot of data to store.

Anyways, love the app. But nowadays where you can and need access to your data globally, its pretty much mandatory to offer that type of service if you want to stay competitive.

thanks

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.10
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @EstercolinoAGL,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Do you already have a plan to solve this problem? Are you actively working on this.

Possibly. We just announced 1Password for Teams, which may help you in this regard. It is currently in beta, which you can sign up to participate in here:

https://teams.1password.com/

It does have a "1PasswordAnywhere-like" web interface.

Do you plan to own 1passwordanywhere?

We do, actually. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it wasn't ours, but we wrote it and we own it. We don't typically recommend it anymore because it was designed for 1Password 3, and hasn't had any updates in some time.

Do you plan to have an extension that would use icloud?

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, but I'm not aware of any plans in this direction.

why not allow your application to store that file in your own private secure cloud? I mean lets say that the file 10k (smaller if compressed) and you have 1M users, that would be barely 10Gb of data. Thats not really a lot of data to store.

This is essentially one of the things that 1Password for Teams does. It is a whole lot more than "just" a sync provider, of course, but it is also a sync provider.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• EstercolinoAGL
    EstercolinoAGL
    Community Member
    Options

1password anywhere was written by a community member Gyran.
    Here is the source code
    https://github.com/Gyran/chrome-1passwordanywhere-extension

So unless he now works for you or you bought his code then its another story.

Well i guess that a step in the right direction. But it seems that your new product is more directed at the enterprise more than the individual user. Just the name says it all: 1 password for teams.

I dont want to share any of it (other than my wife). no team involved. Just me and my passwords accessible from anywhere.

Its free now cuz its in beta. May be you should have different price point depending on the number of users.
    Lastpass premium was $12 / year. You should be able to offer different price point depending on the need and not a one fit all solution.

Anyways, thanks for responding, i'll keep hoping :-)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2015
    Options

1password anywhere was written by a community member Gyran.

1PasswordAnywhere was created by us. This person is using the name of our product for his project. The 1PasswordAnywhere we created is an HTML interface to your 1Password data. It appears the project this individual created is some sort of a Chrome extension. Two totally different things.

In any event: I'm not recommending 1PasswordAnywhere as a solution here. I only mention it as you brought it up. :)

Also: we cannot recommend the extension created by Gyran. We never recommend entering your Master Password into any 3rd party utilities.

Well i guess that a step in the right direction. But it seems that your new product is more directed at the enterprise more than the individual user. Just the name says it all: 1 password for teams.

It is, currently, more directed towards business users, however it can be used for families as well, and we do intend to expand upon that:

https://support.1password.com/teams-faq/#is-my-team-the-right-size-for-1password-for-teams-

I dont want to share any of it (other than my wife). no team involved. Just me and my passwords accessible from anywhere.

Understood.

Its free now cuz its in beta. May be you should have different price point depending on the number of users.

The final pricing structure has not been decided upon yet. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.