Policy Question

Options

So with 1Password for teams our team members get access to all the Apps(iPhone/iPad/Android) and Native programs on PC/MAC. I'd guess that would mean they could create their own personal vault and use it on a PC/MAC. However what happens if they leave that job? Sure the work vaults and everything would disappear but would they still have time to get their personal data from the PC/MAC or buy their own subscription?

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @Scuba629,

Thanks for writing in, that's a really good question. We never want to withhold the user's data from them. There's two ways that this could work and I want to make sure I'm clear about this.

Option 1. Personal vaults as part of Teams

If the team member creates their personal vault as part of the company Teams subscription, then when the company removes the user account from their Teams account all vaults belonging to this Team on the user's devices will get removed. We don't recommend users create "personal" vaults on a Teams account that doesn't belong to them for this exact reason.

Option 2. Personal vaults created outside of Teams

If the team member creates their personal vault outside of Teams... basically a 1Password vault as everyone did before Teams existed, then this vault will remain on the device even after the user is removed from the Team. They should still have access to their personal vaults, at least in read-only mode until a license for the app was applied.

I hope this clears things up. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

• Would the "your vault" tied to the Teams account be revoked as well? While I'm all for not touching employee's personal information, their individual vault tied to their Teams account isn't actually their personal information at all: any accounts they created for their own use for company business belong to the company.

• @dtemp_jg You are correct, all vaults belong to the team. If the person leaves the team (the company) then the member of the recovery group will be able to take over all vaults that this person created.

This discussion has been closed.