encryptionkeys.js missing

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: What do I do if repairing the vault doesn't work?.

Comments

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

This is getting pretty damn frustrating. Starting about a week ago I constantly get errors on Android. I have remade my vault 3 times so far and it's the only thing that fixes it temporarily. Then I load up and I get the "encryptionKeys.js not found" I have already tried resetting my vault password in windows and it simply does not do anything at all. What the hell is going on. This has really been causing problems for me.

Now every time I launch I get "necessary file encryptionskeys.js is missing. But it's not!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

@Micro23: First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble loading your vault in 1Password for Android. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be. However, while I appreciate your frustration, we want to keep things friendly on the forums, so please refrain from using abusive language of any kind.

Here in the forums we do try to edit user content as little as possible, but on occasion we are forced to make a judgement call. While it's quite understandable that you're frustrated at the moment, we still need to keep the forums as friendly as possible for the wide range of people that visit. Be sure to keep that in mind in the future. We're happy to have you here, so long as you can adhere to the guidelines:

Forum guidelines

And after all, we're here to help, and there are things you can do to facilitate this:

Help us help you

In that spirit, can you provide some basic information about your setup? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, the error you're receiving indicates that perhaps the vault is in different location than the one you specified, is incomplete or damaged, or that Dropbox simply hasn't finished syncing it yet. Is encryptionkeys.js missing on your other devices? Does it show up on the Dropbox website? Please to follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down the problem:

Verify Dropbox setup

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

Edit: I see that you've emailed us as well. After looking at the diagnostics, it appears that you have 1Password for Android setup to sync to a local folder, rather than Dropbox. SO you may simply need to reinstall the app and set it up to use Dropbox instead. I'll reply via email shortly.

ref: ZEP-58182-275

• Micro23
    Micro23
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I'm not sure you read my post or email I stated that because I couldn't sync with Dropbox I can't send you a diagnostic report with it I had to make a local vault to send a diagnostic report.

Next time you might actually want to read the report it clearly states that.

Therefore the issue is still a problem.

I use 1pass on, Windows, Mac, android, and ios. Everything is perfect except Android. I simply cant get it to sync unless I make a new vault and it will sync one time. Then it gets corrupted again.

• peri
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @micro23. I've located the email you sent and I'll look over it and reply. Let's continue the conversation through email. Thanks! :)

ref: ZEP-58182-275

This discussion has been closed.