Logging into Bank of America

johnhgeist
johnhgeist
Community Member

I am no longer able to log into the Bank of America through 1Password5. This formerly worked OK. Their site requires an ID code then a Password. I have been entering the ID code as the user name followed by a password. When I attempt to log in using 1Password5, only the ID code(user name) shows up. Any suggestions appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• johnhgeist
    johnhgeist
    Community Member

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• johnhgeist
    johnhgeist
    Community Member

Am I doing this right? Is anyone there?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

I'm unclear from your description whether the BoA login is multi-page. If it is, take a look at this knowledge base article:

Using 1Password with login sequences split across multiple pages

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @johnhgeist,

Does Stephen_C's suggestion help at all?

• essiecab
    essiecab
    Community Member

I am not the original poster but I have the same problem. Previously, my BofA online banking login was a two page process, but BofA has simplified it and now I can't get both the username and the password field to fill at the same time.

When I first go to the site, I'm presented with my online ID already pre-filled:

Then I try to use 1Password to fill the password, but when I do that, the online ID disappears:

The way it is now I have to copy and paste the password from 1Password in order to keep the Online ID from disappearing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@essiecab: Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like the browser itself may be saving your "Online ID". You might want to try turning off this feature to avoid conflicts:

Disabling browser password manager autofill

Also, since in the past they used a multi page login process, it's likely that you're using a login in 1Password with only the password saved, which isn't what you want now. Manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save information about the current form. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• essiecab
    essiecab
    Community Member

Thanks for the help with the BofA site. It turned out to be a feature of BofA's site, where I had saved an online ID and so it kept popping up in the username field no matter what I did. I found the spot on the BofA website where I could delete that saved online ID, and now 1Password fills both the username and password correctly.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @essiecab,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you’re all sorted out, and for sharing the solution here.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.