Support for .opvault?

Options
fryrpc
fryrpc
Community Member

I have 1password on Windows and want to use 1password on my Android device.
I sync using OneDrive between my Windows PC's using 1password.
For security I have created an .opvault as opposed to the older key chain format.
As I understand it the Android App does not support opening an .opvault

ideally I would like to be able to open my .opvault on my Android device even if there is no internet access, I do this with keepass as it stores a cached copy of the vault.

So can I use 1password in this way?

Comments

• 1Password on Android uses the AgileKeychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these external sync methods yet, but it is something that the Android team plans to review for an upcoming release.

If you would like to use OPVault, use Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password for Android to keep your vault in sync! You should be able to view your synced items offline as well. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

• fryrpc
    fryrpc
    Community Member
    Options

OK - Wifi Sync is not an option as my Windows Machine is cloud based.
    So it looks like at the moment I can not use Android with the newer, more secure, opvault format - will wait and key an eye out for a release that does support it - I thought the opvault format had been available for a few years, if so it is strange that support for it is missing.

• Sorry to hear that Wi-Fi sync isn't an option for you at the moment. However, OPVault support is something we're hoping to add on Android soon, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long!

Let us know if you need anything else!

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for opvault support via dropbox.

• Thanks for the vote! I'll go ahead and pass this along to the team. :)

This discussion has been closed.