I received an email today about all the great updates AgileBits has done with 1Password for....

Options
clakeb
clakeb
Community Member

OS X ("88 new features and improvements"), 1Password for Windows 10 and the new way to manage teams. Might I inquire why Android is still way behind? I keep seeing the same response, "feature parity is very important". But, Android support is still severely lacking. So it isn't important. I've bought 1Password for iOS, OS X, Windows and Android. I've paid a lot. I participate in the beta for Android. Yet, I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Great product for all platforms except Android. Get it done. Let's go. Before any other features for any platform I want to see Android up to speed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Arm
    Arm
    Community Member
    Options

Same here actually, one example for me is the announcement that fingerprint support is coming along with new google os version but it seems that it's not here yet and not even in the beta. I'm a dev myself and I know that well polished features take time but so far it seems that android is being forgotten. I'm really considering lastpass to be honest.

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

I echo those sentiments. It definitely seems like the Android OS is low on the totem pole. For example (in order of importance for me):

1. Imprint. This was demoed in a blog post back in May and it's still not even in beta yet...that's crazy.

2. OPVault. This seems to be big deal and I would think it would be a high priority to have this compatible across all the platforms (meaning dropbox works). But as was stated in another thread by a 1P team member about support for OPVault for external sync methods, "it is something that the Android team plans to review for an upcoming release", meaning they're not even sure they will support it on Android.

3. TOTP (Time-based one-time passwords). In April 1P for Android introduced viewing TOTP created in other OS's (including iOS) but it still doesn't support the creation of TOTP in Android. No wordhttps://blog.agilebits.com/2015/10/19/when-a-leak-isnt-a-leak/ yet if this will be added to Android.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I do think 1P is the best app out there but I just got the Nexus 6p so I hope there's some Imprint love coming soon.

• Hello all! :) We are super excited from our 1Password for Teams announcement last week! As you might have noticed, we are starting 1Password for Teams beta with full support on Mac and iOS. Our Android and Windows developers are hard at work to bring support for it as soon as possible!

With the addition of 1Password for Teams, feature parity becomes more important than ever. We want to deliver a similar experience across all platforms, and features like multiple vaults and adding custom fields, such as TOTP, become necessary.

I can understand your eagerness to see fingerprint unlock in 1Password for Android! I like to see it too. The implementation is very close and the team is working to add a few other top-requested features, so we can deliver a better change when it comes into the beta.

OPVault is very important to us. We want to add support for the format for Dropbox Sync and Local Storage Sync on Android. If you already switched to OPVault on other platforms, I recommend using Wi-Fi Sync on Android. Wi-Fi sync will eliminate the need for an AgileKeychain!

It's always so great to hear from people who love 1Password as much as we do. If you have any further questions (or notice anything else cool and new out there that we need to know about!) we're here for you.

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response and I have no doubt that those features will come soon to Android. Just wish it didn't take so long.

I do have one question about wifi sync on Android, do it require that you and the PC that you're syncing with be on the same network? If it does then I'll wait for the OPVault dropbox sync. My wife and I share a vault and it's nice to have the phone sync no matter where you are.

• I completely understand. I think you’ll be happy with what’s coming up on Android very soon! Just a little bit longer..

To answer your question, Wi-Fi sync does require you to be on the same network as your computer. Your computer also needs to be running 1Password at the time of sync.

This discussion has been closed.