First Thoughts

Options

I'll caveat this by saying that you've not accepted my into the beta yet so these thought are just things that occurred to me while reading the documentation, so they may be well off base.

1) Are there any features to protect admins from entering invalid email addresses when inviting users. It occurs to me that I could sent up the domain "agilebit.com" and then wait for email invitations when some Agilebits admin invites a new user and typos the domain. This could potentially expose a companies passwords. I would suggest a configurable list of allowed domains that can be configured during account setup. This would then warn (or block, depending on settings) the admin when they try to invite a user whose email address is not on one of the authorised domains.

2) If a vault manager can remove their own "manage" vault permission and require another vault manager to restore it, is it possible for a vault to become inaccessible if all managers are removed?

3) If you've been working on this for 2 years, why on earth would you not include Windows and Android on launch?

4) Linux support. YAY! (now make a native client! ;) )

5) Let me in now. :p

Comments

• 4) Linux support

Is there Linux support? I haven't seen mention of this, but it would be FANTASTIC if there were (we have a few linux-only users at my company).

• Mitch
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @RichardPayne,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the beta! Let me see if I can answer your questions.

1. You can set up a whitelist of allowed domains and then send out a sign up link to your company. Only users from matching domains will be able to sign up via that link. Does that sound like what you had you in mind?
    2. A vault must have at least one manager, i.e., it isn't possible for the last manager to remove themselves. So there's no way to end up with uncontrollable vaults. :)
    3. Windows and Android will certainly be included at launch. The truth is that when it comes to a project like 1Password Teams, the native apps are icing on top of the cake! First we had to perfect the the server infrastructure, admin console, security design, etc. Only when all those are in place was it possible for our amazing native app teams to start implementing support.
    4. Woohoo! :) This one goes out to you too, @dtemp_jg. We're really excited to say the web interface to 1Password for Teams has full support for Linux.
    5. Trying as fast as we can. ;)

Cheers,
    -Mitch

This discussion has been closed.