Existing private user - signed up for teams, now have 3 vaults.

Options

Hi guys,
I've signed in to 1P for teams, from my company email.
I later added the team integration to my mac and iPhone 1P where my personal vault lives (with another email)
I now have 3 vaults , Primary, Your Vault and Everyone.

I'm trying to understand if I'll ever use the "Your vault" one if I have my own personal Vault.

Also I would like to understand how you guys planned the team inviting feature?
Should I invite people's "work" account? Or their personal one?

In Github for instance, people create an account for themselves, and I just "add" them to the organization.
Where as in other places (slack) I would invite an employee only with his company email.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-19 (550019) Agile Bet
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.1 (15B42)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Welcome, @altryne!

The idea behind "Your Vault" you often have company-related items that only you have access (your email, Slack, etc). If you leave the company then you probably won't be using them.

The invites are more like Slack, not GitHub.

There are currently two ways of inviting team members. You can send them invite emails (probably to their work account). Another option is share the Signup Link and allow anyone with the company email to join. In both cases there is still an additional confirmation step for each member that is required because of the key encryption.

• altryne
    altryne
    Community Member
    Options

Great, that cleares a few things up.

Will the "Your Vault" be accessible to me as an admin if I need to offboard an employee who got fired?

• Yes, it is currently possible using the Account Recovery feature.

This discussion has been closed.