Can't sign in on web as expected account key is different from actual account key

Options

I'm getting a message when I try to sign in that the expected account key begins with letters which don't match that of my signed in session on the desktop app. Not sure where to go from there...

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-20 (550020)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Most probably the URL or email is different from the one you have in the desktop app.

• CharlieWu
    CharlieWu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem, once the account is created, the account key is different from the emergency kit and also password is not working

• CharlieWu
    CharlieWu
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to reset the whole team, because the main account is not working

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CharlieWu: Please make sure you're entering your full email address. The 'username' alone will not suffice. The Key won't match otherwise.

And you can also reset the browser (or simply use a Private/Incognito window) to bypass the cache to login. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• CharlieWu
    CharlieWu
    Community Member
    Options

Solved, it look like my college sign up for 1password at the same time using the same invite, thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CharlieWu,

I'm glad to hear you got it all sorted out!

If you have any further questions about 1Password, we're happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.