Unable to get rid of Watchtower Vulnerability alert

chris000
chris000
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

Hi. I had a Vulnerability Alert (through the Watchtower feature) which recommended I change my email password. I have since changed my password (as recommend) and I updated the new password in my 1password application. However, the Watchtower is still "red flagging" my email account to change my password. Does anyone know of a way to clear or get rid of this vulnerability alert? Thanks.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@chris000 it may help to mention the site in respect of which this happens (unless the information is confidential, of course).

Stephen

• chris000
    chris000
    Community Member

Hi Stephen,

The alert was for a Gmail account and the vulnerability was related to the heart bleed issue. I changed my password and updated it in 1password, but the Gmail account is still flagged in the watchtower and it's still saying I need to change my password. I'm not sure how to remove the alert. Thanks....

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris000,

Sounds like something may be causing the app not to fully update. Can you please try rebooting your Mac and seeing if that clear things up? Sometimes background processes can get stuck and cause some strange issues like the one you are describing.

• chris000
    chris000
    Community Member

Hi @eva_s

I tried rebooting and it never worked. So I tried deleting the entry and re-created it. This successfully solved the issue. Thanks though.

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris000,

That is kind of odd, but I am glad to hear you found a work-around.

• KarstenG
    KarstenG
    Community Member

I have the same problem - Updated Gmail PW using PWGenerator of 1PW (under win10pro) but still the alert is there. How can I get rid of this? Thanks.

• @KarstenG Could you try creating a new Login for your Gmail account and deleting the old one? That's what worked for chris000, and I suspect it will for you as well. I've not had this issue with my Google accounts, and there haven't been any reports of this elsewhere so I think it's just a one-time issue. Please let us know how a recreation of the item goes. :)

• KarstenG
    KarstenG
    Community Member

yes replacing the PW manually solved the issue

• @KarstenG Glad to hear it. :) Let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

This discussion has been closed.