Newly added Admin can't access Existing Vaults created with "Add Administrators"

Options
gsiemon
gsiemon
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Business and Teams

Hi,

I've just signed up to 1Password for Teams and I've started to invite users. I created several vaults when I was the only user and clicked on the "Add Administrators" check box when I set them up.

I've now added a second user and initially gave them permission to a number of vaults. BTW If you give someone access to everything in a vault it displays as "Read/Write, Export and Manage" rather than "Full Access".

I then gave them Admin, Recovery and Owner permissions. When I do that ALL of the vaults I created show up under their User Profile showing Full Access.

However, if I go to the vaults that they did not originally have permissions to access they do not show up as an authorise user to those vaults. All Vaults should show 2 members as we are both Admins.

Looking at one of the Vaults with only 1 member shows I am the only authorised user.

Hope this makes sense.

Please let me know if you need more information.

1Password Version: Teams Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• markAG
    markAG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Greig.

Thanks for reaching out, I hope you are enjoying the 1Password for Teams beta.

"Read/Write, Export and Manage" rather than "Full Access" is displayed as the owner of a team has additional permissions to the team and vaults than someone who has 'Manage Vault' access. You might find some helpful tips here: https://support.1password.com/teams-admin-account-management/

We are aware of the bug where you cannot see all authorised user in the Admin Console, and we are working towards a resolution.

I hope this addresses your questions, don't hesitate to reply if we can help further. We welcome your feedback during this beta, as it's users like yourself that helps us improve 1Password for Teams.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mark

==========
    QA Wrangler,
    AgileBits, Inc.

• gsiemon
    gsiemon
    Community Member
    Options

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. The second Admin user was given Owner permissions.

That user's access permissions shows "Full Access" on the User Details page but shows "Read/Write Export and Manage" when you look at the vault properties.

So shouldn't they show as having Full Access or are we talking about two separate owners here?

Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gsiemon: I may be misunderstanding. If so, I apologize in advance. 1Password for Teams hasn't been in the wild long enough for you and I to have a shared vocabulary I think. ;)

"Read/Write Export and Manage" are the only access options available. Now, you can give as many team members access to everything as you wish, but, as they say, when it comes to true team ownership, "There can be only one!"

Is that what you're asking? If you can tell me in more detail what you're trying to accomplish I should be able to be of more help. :)

• gsiemon
    gsiemon
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@brenty It could be me that is misunderstanding. If you look at the third screenshot above. That user is me and is shows that I have "Full Access". If I add another user that has the same permissions "Owner, Recovery, Admin" plus all the boxes ticked for access for that user on that vault it displays as "Read/Write, Export and Manage". If you look at the User's permissions for that vault in the User properties it shows "Full Access".

As you say there is no difference, but they display as though they are. They should either say "Full Access" or "Read/Write, Export and Manage" not a mixture of both depending on where you are looking at it.

I hope I'm making sense here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gsiemon: Well, I think we're actually on the same page! There's not difference _in regard to permissions, but you — and only you — are still the "team creator". It's a bit confusing, so we'll need to make it clearer going forward, both for your sake and mine! Thanks for bringing this up. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.