No prompt to remember logins

Comments

• DavidPBarr
    DavidPBarr
    Community Member

Good Morning,

I have 1Password 5.4.1 and OS 10.11 on an iMac.

1Password is NOT prompting me to remember new login details. Other features are working as expected.

David Barr

• Hey @DavidPBarr! Could you check the Browser tab in 1Password's Preferences (click the 1Password menu in the app and then click Preferences) to see if the box beside "Automatically ask to save new Logins" is checked? If it isn't, check it and you should be up and running again. Let us know how that goes.

• DavidPBarr
    DavidPBarr
    Community Member

Yes, looked there and it was checked. It has been working well for years but not now.

• DavidPBarr
    DavidPBarr
    Community Member

The only thing I have changed is I upgraded to El Capitan. Currently on 10.11

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @DavidPBarr,

When you're not prompted to save a new Login item or update an existing one are you making use of our Password Generator by any chance? The reason I ask is we thought we were being clever when part of the logic was to ignore pages if we filled them. That isn't always true though, if you use the Password Generator to fill a field you really do want 1Password to offer to save. The next time you notice 1Password doesn't offer to save what happens if you log out and then log back in but copy and paste the password field? If I've correctly attributed the cause you should find 1Password does now ask if you want to save. If I'm correct this is a known issue and we are in the process of trying to get this fixed. It's taking a bit longer than normal though because it really needs an alteration in not just the extension but also on the Mac and Windows versions of 1Password.

If I'm completely off base with this please do say and we'll continue investigating.

• DavidPBarr
    DavidPBarr
    Community Member

No, I'm not making use of the password generator.

• DavidPBarr
    DavidPBarr
    Community Member

Let me correct the current OS version on my Mac. It's 10.11.1 rather than 10.11 but it didn't prompt in either.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @DavidPBarr,

Odd... Can you help with the following questions please

1. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    2. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
    3. Do you have multiple Login items for the same site and is there any password re-use occurring?

Hopefully we can figure this out :smile:

• DavidPBarr
    DavidPBarr
    Community Member
    1. Safari Version 9.0.1 (11601.2.7.2)
    2. Extension 4.4.4
    3. No

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @DavidPBarr,

I am puzzled.

Let's say you go to https://www.facebook.com and for the Email or Phone field you type 1234567890 and for the password field you type peekaboo and then press enter. That doesn't result in the 1Password Save Login window?

I've picked a common site, one I've tested I have no idea how many times now and even once again just now to ensure I"m now crazy. If it works then maybe we're looking at something site specific but if it doesn't work can you do the following please.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report, this guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.