To install a seemless download and sync how should I prepare my computer and iphone?

Options

I want to download 1Password, am not super tech savvy. In order to ensure an easier sync and download for both my MacBook Pro and my iPhone sync. If you could provide a list bullet points prior to downloads to help the process that would be helpful. In addition, I'm to understand that I make a payment for each device that I use? Therefore, my IPhone and computer? What if I happened to be traveling or at a friends house don't have my two devices and want to use their computer is 1Password available to me then or not? Would I I have to pay for it in order to use it? And if so what if it's not a Mac?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:To install a seemless download and sync how should I prepare my computer and iphone?

Comments

• random_31731ec7aea
    Options

Hi bec_roman,

don't sure if your Question apply to 1password or for "1password for teams".

As far as I understood. All Version of 1password (iOS, OSX, Android and Windows) will supporting 1password4teams after beta (about 3 month from now).
    And you can use 1password Webclient to access your Vault from every Computer. But you need to know Masterpassword and Account-key to do it.

1password4teams automatically enables you to use the client but you will have a subscription plan. Currently we've download 1password trial version and see the License is "1password for Team Beta".
    I don't know how it will be with the iOS Version which is in the AppStore.

You simply need an Internet Connection to download and sync the client.

Random

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bec_roman ,

Thanks for writing in with your questions! You've posted in the 1Password for Teams beta forum, but it sounds to me like your questions are more about getting started with 1Password in general, so I'll try to give you answers for both situations, just to cover our bases.

If you could provide a list bullet points prior to downloads to help the process that would be helpful.

Our user guides are the best place to find the setup process for 1Password. The user guides can be found on our support page. Just click the platforms that apply to you. If you have any questions about what you see in the guides, please let us know where things stop making sense, and we can work forward from there. :)

What if I happened to be traveling or at a friends house don't have my two devices and want to use their computer is 1Password available to me then or not?

The answer here is different depending on if we're talking about the 1Password apps, or 1Password for Teams. With the 1Password apps, you'll need to have a device with 1Password installed in order to access your passwords. This is one of the reasons we have 1Password available on mobile platforms - it's so easy to have your data with you wherever you go! (How often are you without your cell phone? If you're like me, that answer is pretty close to "never.")

With 1Password for Teams, there is a web interface that you can log into from any web browser (although logging in to your Teams account from a new computer will require your Account Key for authentication.)

Would I I have to pay for it in order to use it? And if so what if it's not a Mac?

The 1Password apps are sold on a per user, per platform basis. That's a fancy way of saying that you'll need to purchase a license for each operating system that you want to use 1Password on (Mac and iOS are separate, for example). Purchasing a license for a particular platform means that you can install the app on as many devices (of that platform) that you use. The iOS and Android apps are a free download, with some pro features available via in-app purchase.

1Password for Teams is free to use during the beta. We're still working on pricing details for the full launch of the product, but we do know that your subscription to 1Password for Teams will include access to the 1Password apps, for whichever platforms you require.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.