Accounts and Multiple Teams

Options

What's the expected/suggested workflow around multiple teams ( work + home/family for instance ). When asked if you 'already have an account' for the newly added team, do you say yes or no?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sfuzzymagic,

Each team should be set up separately, so even if you have a work team, you'll set up a new account for your family.

• sfuzzymagic
    sfuzzymagic
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That's eventually the way I went. Much appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sfuzzymagic,

Happy to help! I hope you love 1Password for Teams, we can't wait to hear your feedback on it all. :)

• bbates7995
    bbates7995
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

So, if I belong to multiple teams how can I get the vaults from both teams to show in my 1password application?

• Jamie Thingelstad
    Jamie Thingelstad
    Community Member
    Options

Two comments about being in multiple teams, which I’m doing right now (personal + a non-profit I volunteer with).

1. It would be nice to be able to order the teams in something other than alphabetical. My preferred team is my personal one which is alphabetically after the non-profit. So the order in the menus and the command keys are not the way I want them.
    2. "All Vaults" is great, but there should be another "All Team Vaults" option for each team.
  • Hi @bbates7995

You should just need to add both teams under Preferences > Teams for Mac or Settings > 1Password for Teams on iOS. All of our Teams-capable apps should allow you to add multiple teams accounts.

Rick

• Hi @Jamie Thingelstad

Thanks for the feedback. Ordering of teams is a matter of much discussion here, for reasons that I won't go into here. Know that it's something that's definitely on our minds.

The "All Team Vaults" for individual teams is a really interesting idea. I think you're the first to bring that up. :)

Cheers.

Rick

• bbates7995
    bbates7995
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! Thanks Rick!

• Toby G
    Toby G
    Community Member
    Options

If you need to setup multiple teams, does that mean you'll have to pay twice?

• @Toby G It depends on the scenario. If you're the owner, then yes since each team is per-user. If you're a member of those teams, you don't pay at all — the owner does. I can see some potential overlap in the case where you're an owner of both teams and it feels like you're paying twice, but technically they are two separate accounts. Hope that helps.

• shlgug
    shlgug
    Community Member
    Options

I would think that the pricing model should be (or at least there should be such as option) that each user pays for their own account (or their account should only have to be paid for once) and they can use that account to join as many teams as they wish.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shlgug thanks for the suggestion. The issue with this is that it would require employees to pay for their own accounts, which would mean they'd either be out $5 per month for a tool their employer wants to use, or they'd have to go back and expense the $5 anyway. This way someone can authorize the payment and it's easier for everyone involved to make sure everything's been taken care of. But it would be interesting to find a way to have a single 1Password account connect to multiple Families or Teams, I agree :)

• shlgug
    shlgug
    Community Member
    Options

That works for full time employees of one corporation, but a lot of people are not in that situation, such as freelancers.

• Jacob
    Options

@shlgug Thanks for getting back to us! In the case of freelancers, we recommend something a bit different. 1Password Teams Pro subscriptions include up to 20 guests. These are great for freelancers and contractors. They don't include a Personal vault as full members do, and they can only have access to one vault. It's good for working on a project together. :) What do you think of that?

• shlgug
    shlgug
    Community Member
    Options

That sounds good. Thanks!

• Jacob
    Options

No problem at all. :)

This discussion has been closed.