Firefox and Chrome

produs
produs
Community Member

I'm trying to install the plugin and I keep getting the following message;

"Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your device"

Comments

• Hi @produs. 1Password 4 for Android doesn't work quite the same as it does on Mac and Windows. Unfortunately, there are currently no browser extensions which work on Android devices the same way they do on a PC or Mac.

Instead, you can fill on Android using either the built-in 1Browser or our custom keyboard.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

• produs
    produs
    Community Member

I can't get the keyboard to work and where is the 1password browser?

• I can't get the keyboard to work

Can you let me know what is or isn't happening as it should be? For instance, were you able to enable the keyboard under your device Settings > Language and Input, and were you able to enable the accessibility service under Settings > Accessibility?

If you've enabled the keyboard and accessibility service, you'll just need to make sure that the 1Password keyboard is active when filling. Most Android devices have a softkey, or a little keyboard icon that appears in the notification bar when you're focused on a text entry field that you can swipe down. From there you can tap to see your input options, and select the 1Password keyboard.

If you've gotten that far, please let me know what isn't working, and I'll be happy to help troubleshoot.

where is the 1password browser?

This is accessible from within the 1Password app on Android. Just select any login and tap the URL. This will open the URL in a browser built into 1Password and automatically fill in your login credentials.

I hope this helps! Let me know what you find out with regards to the keyboard. Thanks!

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

Tried to install the 1password android browser extension for Chrome. Receive the message 'An error occurred. Please try again or contact us for assistance'. Is this supposed to work? Am using a Galaxy grand prime.

• There is no 1Password browser extension for Google Chrome on Android. To fill logins into external apps and browsers (like Chrome), you will need to enable 1Password's filling keyboard. Here's how:

https://support.1password.com/guides/android/filling.html

This discussion has been closed.