When will windows support be added?

1Password for Teams is exactly what we've been looking for to move my family to in order to tame shared passwords. However, our household is a mix of Windows and Macs.

If I understasnd correctly, Mac and iOS are fully supported, but Windows users are out of luck with the desktop app (they can access it through the browser, but this means that the windows desktop app will be useless until full support is added for Teams).

Is my understanding correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• As far as I understood the Agile Team it is planned to have every OS working when Beta is finished (about 3 month from now) .

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member

Given that's true, does that mean in my case, windows users in my family are out of luck and we are best to wait until the beta is finished?

If i'm understanding correctly, without windows desktop app support, it means Windows users can only access Team Vaults (shared and personal) through the browser and will lose things like Auto fill with shortcut keys?

• @tmchow

It means it can be yöu gave to wait up to 3 month. But you may have luck and the Win Version will be available this week.

Anyway it is a beta Test and if you like to be betatest you need to accept it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tmchow,

I can't say much more than Random already has. Our development teams are working to get Teams support into all of the 1Password apps just as soon as possible, but I don't have any dates at this time.

If i'm understanding correctly, without windows desktop app support, it means Windows users can only access Team Vaults (shared and personal) through the browser and will lose things like Auto fill with shortcut keys?

You're correct. Windows users can access the web interface, but the browser extension will not work with Teams vaults (as the browser extension is connected to the app, not the web interface.)

I'll let our teams know that you're excited to see 1Password for Teams on Windows soon!

• altryne
    altryne
    Community Member

Was just answered on twitter that Win10 support is in Beta

https://t.co/a33Aqs39wb

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member

@altryne quick feedback on your Windows App store page: your screenshots are terrible choices. They are low res and pixelated and showing the login screen seems useless?

• altryne
    altryne
    Community Member

@tmchow oh, I'm not with AgileBits team. I asked them same question on Twitter and decided to repost here.

• Thank you for the feedback, @tmchow.

We will make sure we have better screenshots there.

This discussion has been closed.