1Password on El Capitan auto login help

Options

I've had 1Password for awhile now and never encountered this problem however today I bought a new iMac and just installed 1Password. My settings are exactly the same as on my MacBook and I made sure "automatically submit logins after filling" remains unchecked, as I have had it since purchasing 1Password. However I just tried logging in to 7 different sites on my iMac, which is running El Capitan, in Safari and 1Password still automatically submits the logins. Is this a known bug? I s there something I've missed about disabling this feature? For now I've taken to simply copying and pasting the passwords manually and that greatly reduces 1Passwords productivity. I would appreciate any help.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OSX 1.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Deez! So sorry for the trouble here. Could you give us a bit more info on the issue?

• What sites are giving you trouble
    • Whether "Always submit" is enabled on the item in the editor (click Edit on the item and look for the submit field toward the bottom)
    • Does restarting your computer fix this issue?
    • Have you tried other browsers to see if you're able to replicate this elsewhere?

That info will help us figure out what's going on. :) Thanks!

• Deez
    Deez
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. I checked and all my logins have "submit when enabled" in the editor. Unfortunately restarting the computer doesn't fix the problem. I don't have 1Password extension enabled on any other browser except for Safari at the moment but I'll try the chrome extension and see if it works there.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Deez,

I have a hunch. I believe if you were to toggle the Automatically submit logins after filling option enabled and then disabled that you should receive a message with the title Autosubmit Script Installation is Required and it will look a bit like this.

If you do I think we're on the right track. What you will want to do is allow 1Password to install this script by following the steps. By default it will point you at the correct location and all you should need to do is click the Select Folder button. You should then be able to disable the option and now you will find that submitting doesn't occur after filling.

What I believe is happening is that the setting is enabled by default but when you went to set this copy up like the other you found it was disabled and didn't think about it. As a Mac App Store user though (am I correct with that assumption) 1Password cannot create the required file itself and it is showing the option as being disabled rather than it being fully disabled. I've created a bug report based on my findings as I can reproduce this - even if it doesn't turn out to be your precise issue.

ref: OPM-3460

• Deez
    Deez
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was getting the problem across all the browsers I tried so I figured the problem definitely lay with the settings in 1Password. Autosubmit actually wasn't enabled by default. I don't know if 1Password saves preferences across syncs but when I initially checked the preferences in my iMac (immediately after install) against my MacBook, everything seemed to line up. Checking to re-enable it though did indeed bring up the message in your screen shot. I followed your instructions and installed the Script and so far it seems to be working, at least on the three sites I tried. So even though the preference for autosubmit was showing as unchecked, I actually had to enable it and then disable it again before the it would actually work. Is the script new? I don't remember having to install anything similar when I first downloaded the app from the MAS.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Deez,

It's odd. The script isn't new, we've used it for quite some time and we haven't changed the location but like yourself I don't remember ever having needed to authorise in earlier versions. The authorisation though is because sandboxing restricts 1Password from saving to that location without user agreement.

The other aspect of course is this bug where visually it appears to be disabled but isn't. As I said, I've filed a report with steps to reproduce so our devs can sort this out as even if this hadn't been the issue you were experiencing there still was a bug. On the positive side it turns out we have correctly identified the cause of your case and that the workaround steps have resolved it for you. You shouldn't have the issue again and of course we'll be looking to fix this in a later version for any new installations. That would be brand new installations and not even a fresh installation. Thank you for your help in highlighting this :smile:

This discussion has been closed.