I use Opera 1PW extension - selected login item won't open. If I use the pop-out website "Fill & ope

Options

I use Opera & Opera 1PW extension - selected login item won't open the website's login page - nothing happens.
If I use the pop-out website "Fill & open" - the FireFox browser opens up; the website login page is presented, no 1PW population done.
I deleted FireFox app; tried again - This time Safari browser opens up; the website login page is presented, no 1PW population done.
Changed Safari preference to make Opera default browser - Tried again - (In Opera) the website login page presented, no 1PW population done - However, 1PW extension does choose the correct login item for the website and clicking on it does populate the login info;

I also have Chrome, but it does not kick-in.

I am running Mac OS mavericks with 1PW-4 - It has been fine until fairly recently??
Opera V 33.0.1990.115

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension not opening web apge

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @sabatin48,

I expect you will find open and fill won't work in any of your browsers if you normally click on the URL from within the main 1Password window.

Unfortunately we are tracking an as-yet-to-be-resolved bug where some modification in the extension broke open and fill when invoked from the main 1Password window but only in 1Password 4 for Mac, 1Password 5 for Mac is unaffected. We are aware that we need to remedy this as not everybody is running Yosemite or newer. As it sounds like you've discovered it's only when you try to use the Login item from the main 1Password window. Both filling a pre-loaded page and I believe using open and fill from within 1Password mini continue to work. That isn't to say this doesn't need fixed and I've added your post as a reminder that some users are still running 1Password 4 for Mac.

Sorry that I don't have better news to report.

ref: OPX-1022

This discussion has been closed.