How do I remove a license and replace it with another?

Options
ryanorgan
ryanorgan
Community Member

Hey there!

I just purchased my own 1p license, but can't figure out how to get rid of the one I previously had. I've gone as far as removing the vault files from my computer, but each time I reinstall the app, the old license remains.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:license, kb:license-file-faq, kb-search:license, kb-search:remove license, kb:remove-multiple-apps

Comments

• ryanorgan
    ryanorgan
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, disregard! I figured it out by downloading the license file I just purchased, restarting my computer and double clicking the license file. Interestingly, I had tried that prior to restarting and all I was displayed was the old license information.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ryanorgan,

It's the complete quitting of 1Password mini that is required, something that happens automatically if you restart. Quitting just 1Password will leave 1Password mini running as it's required for aspects like the auto-lock timers or filling in browsers. The whole approach about replacing a licence isn't that obvious but we didn't expect people needing to do so so we never put much thought into it. I'm glad you got it sorted though :smile:

• lidongfang0375
    lidongfang0375
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @lidongfang0375,

After installing the new licence did you quit both 1Password and 1Password mini (I like the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q when 1Password is open to do so) and then re-open 1Password? It should show the new licence afterwards.

• lidongfang0375
    lidongfang0375
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @lidongfang0375,

It seems like that helped so that's great to hear. If you have any other issues please let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.