Update to opvault

Options
tonydow
tonydow
Community Member

Following the report by a Microsoft Engineer of an insecurity in 1Password Anywhere, there have been many mentions in media that a simple conversion routine was imminent. Please advise on the status of this routine.

1Password Version: 6.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS and Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonydow: Sure! You can find all of that information (and more) in this October post by khad:

AgileKeychain, OPVault, and You

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thank you for the link which was certainly reassuring. It didn't however answer my original question about the status of the simple conversion tool I asked about.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @tonydow,

For the moment all we do have is the guide linked at the bottom of that post, the one that is located at Switching to OPVault from Agile Keychain (Windows). Given our users have the potential to be using a mixture of 1Password 3 and newer I don't know what shape a simple conversion tool would take, more so because as each copy of 1Password is completely independent each will still need to be informed that it needs to use the OPVault container that now exists. The concern is there is plenty of scope for something going wrong if it's automated at all. The result is I don't have an answer for you - sorry.

This discussion has been closed.