Is it possible to use the license 6.1.1 from my Iphone to upgrade license 3.8.22 on my mac?

Options
NORON
NORON
Community Member

I have 1 password 6.1.1 purchased on my Iphone. I can not see this same version on my mac app store, not even my old version 3.8.22 (The licens key shows on my mac) On my Iphone I am not able to identify the license for 6.11.
At the moment I have downloaded the trail version on my mac. I seem to remember that I had 1P 5.0.1 running on my mac earlier. do I have to by the 1P 5.0.1 again? Is it possible to find the license for my Iphone version? It shows on my phones app store. It was bought: 01.06.2013, 13.13. For iPhone/iPod touch/iPad-app. My older version has been working fine on both Iphone and Mac. It was bought: 14.11.2012, 08.16 also for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad-app

1Password Version: 6.1.1
Extension Version: 3.8.22
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@NORON - First, licenses are sold separately per user and per platform. Since iOS and OS X are different platforms, your iOS license won't affect your need to purchase a separate license for your Mac.

Next, a paid license to 1Password 3 for your Mac would qualify you for a discount on the price of upgrading to version 4, which also gives you access to version 5, because that upgrade was free. If you never paid for the upgrade, you'll need to pay the discounted upgrade price to keep your current trial version going after the 30 day free trial period.

You can see what your upgrade price will be by entering the license key for your copy of version 3 if you go to the AgileBits web store and click on the Upgrade License button, instead of the Buy button. If you believe you already have purchased a license for version 4 or 5, you can have your license information resent by entering the email address you used to buy it at the bottom of the main AgileBits support page. In fact, doing that will get your license information resent, regardless of what you have bought previously.

One last thing: If you will want to use iCloud to sync data among devices, you must buy your license from the Mac App Store. Apple does not permit application not sold by Apple from one of their App Stores access to the required protocols. Apple does not allow discounted prices for paid upgrades, so you would need to pay full price, if iCloud is important enough to you to just stiff the cost.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NORON,

Please let me know if Hawkmoth's post has helped! I took a quick look in our back office records for a license attached to the email address in your forum profile, but I was unable to locate any information. If you'd like us to help you track down your existing license details to take advantage of the upgrade pricing the Hawkmoth mentioned, please email in to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your full name and the email address that you used to purchase 1Password and we'd be happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.