Sad story with a happy ending...

Options
davekeenan
davekeenan
Community Member

My wife is a long time Windows freak and I, a MAC freak and long time 1password user. To cut a long story short, my wife got a new Surface Book, $1,800 dollars worth of the best Microsoft has to offer. Problem is, in the 3 days after it arrived it froze 9 times including one "blue screen of death". So, how does this relate to 1password. We have a small company and I urged my wife to use 1password on her laptop and mobile devices, as soon as she got her Surface Book we bought 1password for Windows bundled with my MAC license. Now that she has a MAC because Microsofts best product did not work and their service was sooooo bad we need a MAC license. So to round off this fairytale I am hoping you can exchange the Windows license for a MAC license and my wife and I will take our Macs and 1password and live happily ever after !!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@davekeenan - Your Mac license permits you to share 1Password with five more family members living in the same household. So you don't need to buy anything else to get it for your wife's new Mac. If you bought the Mac license from the Mac App Store, you would set up Family Sharing and she would download a copy at no additional charge. If you bought fro the AgileBits web sore, just have her download a fresh copy from there and have her install the same license file you used to register yours.

I can't tell if the Windows license is new. If you bought it within the past 30 days, you would fall in the AgileBits 30 day refund window, and you could ask to have that purchase refunded. Otherwise, since licenses are sold separately by user and by platform, there is not a way to convert the Windows license to a Mac license. But you don't need to do that anyway.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davekeenan,

Well, as a big Apple fan myself, I'm cheering just a little bit that your wife has come over to the 'light' side. :) As Hawkmoth says, a single user license for Mac is usable by up to 6 members of the same household, so you're welcome to share 1Password with your wife with no extra license purchase. Now, it looks like you've currently got a license for 1Password 3 for Mac, and a new license for 1Password for Windows. So, there are actually a few options here:

• Since you're within the 30 day window, I'm happy to refund your purchase of that Windows license and you and your wife can carry on using 1Password 3 for Mac.
    • I can swap your Windows license for a shiny new 1Password 5 for Mac license. We don't usually do this, but since we're within the 30 day period I can make an exception. ;) This would give you access to the latest and greatest of 1Password (and there have been some awesome improvements since version 3, like multiple vaults and a completely redesigned UI.

Please let me know which you prefer and I can help you along your way to happily ever after!

ref: 224839

• davekeenan
    davekeenan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan and Hawkmoth... thanks for responding so quickly. I would prefer to swap my Windows license for a shiny new 1Password 5 for Mac license. With the new features and interface I am sure my wife and I can ride off into the sunset, MACs in hand and live happily ever after ! Just let me know what if anything you need me to do. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davekeenan: Done. I've resent your license information via email, and you should be all set. But don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! :)

• davekeenan
    davekeenan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys, great job !

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davekeenan,

I'm so glad to see that Brenty was able to play fairy godmother/father for you. :)

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you and your wife, but if you have any questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.