OPVault support on Android [will be added in a future update]

Options
wildekek
wildekek
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Android

Hi Guys, I've been a happy user for years, but it is really time to start working with opvault on Android. The information disclosure issues with agile keychain are unacceptable for me but I only have the option to use wifi sync now which doesn't work on all wifi networks. Please implement Opvault on Android!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:opvault-overview, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wildekek: I can't really say any more at this time, other than we're working on it. Thanks for letting us know OPVault is important to you too! :)

• wildekek
    wildekek
    Community Member
    Options

Please send me the name of the product owner and his favorite snack so I can bribe him.

• Hah! We can't accept bribes (though I'm partial to chocolate myself) :wink:

We are tracking feedback from our users and everyone on the Android team is aware of how important OPVault support is to our customer base. We're certainly hoping to be able to bring this to Android before too long!

• mjxn
    mjxn
    Community Member
    Options

Just switched from iOS to Android 6.0 and am really bummed that I can't sync my opvault over dropbox. More information would be great to help me make an informed decision. Something like "within the next month" or "it's on the drawing board for next summer" would be nice.

• Unfortunately I can't give any sort of ETA, @mjxn. We try to avoid promising timelines with regards to unreleased features and updates since there are a lot of circumstances which can change at the drop of a hat. However, we are prioritizing this as much as we can at the moment. I'll forward your feedback to the developers as well. Thanks! :)

• NoOneHere
    NoOneHere
    Community Member
    Options

I want to follow the directions outlining .opvault conversion but you clearly state that it isn't supported by the Android client. I have the latest versions available installed on Android and on my Mac and Windows computers. I would like to take advantage of the newer container format's security advantages.

Versions being used: v5.4.1 on Mac, v4.6.0.592 on Windows, v4.5.3 on Android

1Password Version: 5.4.1, 4.6.0.592, 4.5.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.1 (15B42)
    Sync Type: Dropbox via Folder Sync
    Referrer: kb-search:zip, kb:agilekeychain-zip, ug:mac/new-computer-elsewhere, kb:switch-to-opvault, kb:opvault-design

• Thanks for your :+1:, @NoOneHere. We're indeed hoping to add OPVault to Android soon!

• seltz
    seltz
    Community Member
    Options

Just to throw in my vote, I'd really like opvault with webdav/dropbox sync on android..it's been on my todo list to switch for a while.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@seltz: We definitely don't have any plans for WebDav. OPVault, however, is something we're keen to add to 1Password for Android. :)

• bucky
    bucky
    Community Member
    Options

Add one vote for OPVault on Android ASAP.

• Vwvw
    Vwvw
    Community Member
    Options

One more vote for OPVault on Android

• Thanks for the votes, @bucky and @Vwvw. :)

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member
    Options

Still counting votes? I hope you're already working on implementing OPVault on Android.

• peri
    Options

We are always taking feedback and accepting votes when given. That said, we are planning to support the OPVault format in an upcoming update. :)

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member
    Options

Well, you are also "working with Google" on implementing Google Drive support. Been working for a couple of years or so, huh? :)

• saad
    Options

@Dmitry_N There is no active development towards Google Drive support at the moment. You might have missed this update from last September.

This discussion has been closed.