1Password Plugin No Longer works in Safari....

4Fingers
4Fingers
Community Member

Hello,

My Safari plugin stopped working. I reinstalled the plugin and closed out of Safari. Still not working. I then uninstalled the plugin and then reinstalled it, but not working. I reinstalled a few times and everything shows it is successful, but no luck. I even rebooted my Mac, but no luck.
All it show is the link to "Add Safari Extension..."

I am running Safari 9.0.1 on OS X 10.11.1

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:Safari plugin does not work

Comments

• Hey @4Fingers! Sorry about that. :( Could you try downloading the extension from this page? That may be the one you used before. If it is, try this direct link instead. Let us know how it goes! :)

• 4Fingers
    4Fingers
    Community Member

Hi penderworth,

I tried both links and installed them, uninstalled them, and still can't get it to work. It's strange... the 1password on the Mac menu bar opens and shows the "add extension" link, but the 1password icon next to the browser address bar does nothing. I click on it, it changes color to show the click is working, but it does nothing.

• @4Fingers Could you try rebooting your computer? It sounds like the installation just didn't complete yet. If rebooting doesn't get it rolling, could you click Safari and then Preferences in the menu bar? Then switch to the Extensions tab, select 1Password, and take a screenshot of what you see there. If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over here.

Once you have the image, just attach it to your post by clicking the document icon and clicking Choose Files. Here's what that looks like:

• 4Fingers
    4Fingers
    Community Member

penderworth, The reboot worked. The plugin is back within Safari. Thanks for your help.
    Cheers.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @4Fingers! Thanks for letting us know the reboot solved the problem. If you need anything else, we're here for you! :)

• beanland
    beanland
    Community Member

My plugin is there in Safari for a while, then suddenly it is gone and I have to download and apply it again. Sometimes I have to redo it every day, sometimes after a few weeks. I can't seem to figure why it keeps disappearing. Any ideas? I have followed the instructions on how to remove it and to restart etc. And its all fine. But then a week down the track it disappears again. I would like it to be fixed for once and for good. Any ideas?

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2016

Hi @beanland ,

Try this:

1. Open the Keychain Access applications (in /Applications/Utilities)
    2. Search for an item named "Safari Extensions List"
    3. Delete that item.
    4. Restart.

I found the above suggestion on Apple's support forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6620974?start=0&tstart=0
    Many have found that to fix your issue.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.