Unusually Slow Dropbox Sync

Options
PeterNorman
PeterNorman
Community Member

Hello!

The first sync of 1Password 4.5.3 on my two Android devices took a long time, whereas on my iOS devices it was very quick. The sync completed without issue in each case and it continues to work as expected. However:

• the amount of time required
  • reports of similar experiences here on your forum and elsewhere on the web
  • similar experiences with Android devices belonging to my clients (most of which now wish they bought iPhones!)

all encouraged me to post here with my own details on the off-chance that more user data might help you troubleshoot and fine-tune 1Password for Android.

I use 1Password primarily on my two Macs, iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus - all with the latest versions of iOS, 1Password 5.4 (540046) for Mac (Mac App Store version) and Dropbox. I also have 1Password 4.5.3 Premium running on my:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 running Android 5.02
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1

After using those Samsung devices occasionally since purchase earlier this year, I just did a reset on both. I wasn't having any issues, I simply did it as practice because I do this sort of thing regularly for clients and also wanted to update my documentation of the process after Android 5.1.1 was finally made available on the Note 4.

I installed my preferred apps and while setting up 1Password 4.5.3 Premium, I found the initial sync to be VERY slow:

• it took over an hour (maybe two) (282 items synced in an hour on the Note 4)
  • the '1Password.agilekeychain' size in my Dropbox: 6.8 MB
  • 1Password 4.5.3 for Android reports 637 items total; 422 of which are Login Items, 194 are Software Licenses
  • I monitored the first sync on each device so that I could prevent the screens from locking and perhaps interrupting the sync

I followed the instructions for creating a diagnostic report on each device from other posts and will send those (with a link to this post) to the recommended email address.

Let me know if you have any followup questions or want me to try additional steps.

Many thanks!
Peter

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.02, 5.11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks for getting in contact with us, @PeterNorman! I've located the email you sent containing diagnostics reports from each device. I'll take a look and get back to you via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.