Iphone to Android

Options
Djule
Djule
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I have 1password on my Iphone 6 ( ios 9.1 ) and I sync it to Drop box, I am transferring to a Galaxy S4 (android 5.0.1).

When I try to sync with existing 1password in Drop boox on the Android I get a message that says Vault not found, A 1password vault wasn't found in this folder Please check that you have the correct location.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Djule. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

It sounds like you may have recently created a vault using your iPhone, in which case the vault is in OPVault format. Is the vault in your Dropbox folder called 1Password.opvault or 1Password.agilekeychain?

1Password on Android uses the Agile Keychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on revisiting soon.

In the meantime, you can create an .agilekeychain vault using your Android by signing in as a new 1Password user, but with the same Master Password you use on your other vault. Then, on iOS, tap Settings > Advanced > Create Backup. Then go ahead and disable Dropbox sync. When you reenable Dropbox syncing on that device, make sure to sync with your .agilekeychain vault in Dropbox.

That should do the trick! Let us know if you have any further problems or questions. Thanks!

• Djule
    Djule
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for the help , I followed your instructions...but when I select the agilekeychain it says downloading incryption keys ... Waits a second and then goes back to the start syncing screen.

Thanks

• saad
    edited December 2015
    Options

Do you see any error messages on the screen after it completes downloading the encryption keys? Could you confirm if exiting 1Password and relaunching helps?

• Djule
    Djule
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Saad,

No error message , I took a video, and re launching does not help. If you provide me an email i can send you the video.

Thx

• Thanks for the update @Djule. You can email us at support +android@agilebits.com

This discussion has been closed.