How can I increase the idle timeout for the web gui?

Options
snoetzel
snoetzel
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Business and Teams

The web interface locks and asks me again to login after idling for 5 minutes. This is getting annoying. How can I change this?

1Password Version: don't know
Extension Version: don't know
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: dont know
Referrer: forum-search:web gui lockout

Comments

• Unfortunately there is no way to change that setting at the moment. It is definitely something on our list to do in the near future.

• IanCDavidson
    IanCDavidson
    Community Member
    Options

Hello
    I run an IT helpdesk and I'm currently evaluating 1password for Teams and Lastpass enterprise as a solution to share passwords with my team. I require almost constant access to a password manager for helping users that I support on a day to day basis. Currently the teams session timeout means that I need to type in my secure and long master password over 15 times per day. I'm the type of person to lock my Mac screen when I'm not at the computer and the short timeout is completely unnecessary. With Lastpass Enterprise I can configure a password session for every 24 hours which is acceptable. Could the 1password teams reassure me that something will be done about this soon as it's very frustrating and adversely affecting my evaluation of the product.
    Thank you,
    Ian

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS 10.10.4
    Sync Type: Chrome

• IanCDavidson
    IanCDavidson
    Community Member
    Options

@Jeff Shiner. When are you going to do this please?

• Hey @IanCDavidson

I am sorry, but this turned out to be quite a bit harder than I thought it would be. :(

I had assumed that we had a lock timing setting that we could simply set to different values with a nice UI. It turns out that we don't have a User Settings api yet, so nothing that we can build that UI with. It is absolutely still in my plans to add this, but will take a bit longer.

Thanks for poking me about this, I'll see what cages I can rattle.

• IanCDavidson
    IanCDavidson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update @Jeff Shiner . Seems like you guys have got a lot to do before this product leaves beta - Including correcting the email SPF record for this forum. Your email notification went into my gmail Spam folder.

• Jacob
    Options

@IanCDavidson This forum is actually entirely separate from Teams and the things it runs on. We'll look into what's going on with the spam filter. I haven't had any issues with it in my Gmail account, but we'll see if we can find out what's happening.

This discussion has been closed.