I have a creative cloud account and changed my password on the Adobe website

Options

I can use 1password to sign into adobe.com without any problems. However when I try to log into the creative cloud from the dropdown menu on my desktop I can't get 1password to copy and then paste my password in to the box, it seems that the copy and paste function docent work with the Adobe drop down sign in menu i have to manually type the password in to the password box and it a long password ! any ideas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:adobe creative cloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Photowizzard,

I think we might need a bit more detail here as I'm not quite sure I fully understand at the moment. When you say

creative cloud from the dropdown menu on my desktop

is this an application on your Mac or Windows machine?

If it is an application and it's a Windows machine then there is a Windows-specific feature called auto-type that may be able to help. We don't have this on a Mac though so if Adobe are taking pains to disallow copy and paste then it's tough.

If it is an application and it's a Mac then one trick worth trying is that there are two ways to paste. One is the keyboard shortcut ⌘V while right clicking and selecting the Paste command is another. I don't know why but if one is disabled it doesn't automatically mean the other is too. This quirk may allow you to take advantage of this and paste where Adobe seem to stop you.

If it isn't an application can you tell me a bit more about their service please. While I do have a test Adobe account from other queries I do not use any of their services so know little about their wares. Hopefully we can figure this out.

• Photowizzard
    Photowizzard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I have a Macbook pro, creative cloud is a shortcut on the top menu it allows updates of any Adobe programs. I just need to type in my e mail and password. I tried your suggestion of the keyboard shortcut and that worked fine .
    Many thanks Tony

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Photowizzard,

I'm glad something I wrote helped :smile: If you have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.