I have all my data on my android device but need to create a new backup on dropbox (lost old file)

Options
asarvind
asarvind
Community Member

Hi I need a way to re create my sync between Android device (Samsung Note 4) and my Windows PC. I have lost my .agilekeychain I used to have on dropbox, is there no way to take my data I have on my phone and create a new vault and then carry on.
Please walk me through how to do this if at all possible
Arvind

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: lollipop
Sync Type: none now

Comments

• I’m sorry to hear your 1Password data was accidentally deleted from your Dropbox account. It’s not possible to recover your data from 1Password for Android if the sync data folder was removed. However, you may have a couple of options to restore the data.

First, if the deletion happened recently, you should look into recovering the data in Dropbox. Here’s how to recover your data:

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/296

Let me know if that works. If not, we can look into another option :)

• asarvind
    asarvind
    Community Member
    Options

I have all the data visible to me in 1password for android, I just need to sync it afresh on a Windows version, actually I just changed phones, even moving to other phone would be a great start. Why is it so difficult to save my files visible in my phone back to a desktop, I am surprised. And I am tired of this online discussion about this problem for a while, is there a live person I can talk to to explain my situation?

Arvind

• I can understand your frustration. 1Password for Android houses your data in its internal database and it only syncs to an Agilekeychain format when you configure Dropbox or local storage sync. The format of the internal database is not the same as the Agilekeychain format, and therefore exporting the data requires additional processing. In a future version of 1Password for Android, we like to look into adding support for reconfiguring the sync type and the sync method. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We would be happy to continue our conversation over the phone, please write to our support team and we will set up a phone call: support+ android@agilebits.com

• rdsubhas
    rdsubhas
    Community Member
    Options

@saad I also have the same problem now. I was switching machines. So I synced all data with Android, discarded the old laptop, and now I have a completely fresh new laptop. I'm not able to sync back from Android to this new laptop and I'm basically stuck without any passwords!!! I have a 1password license, and can you please help me with the same solution (to recover/sync data from android)?

• saad
    Options

Hi @rdsubhas. I would love to help. How were you syncing your 1Password data with your old laptop (Dropbox, Local Storage, or Wi-Fi sync)?

• rdsubhas
    rdsubhas
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@saad thanks, I synced over WiFi

• peri
    Options

Hi @rdsubhas. 1Password allows you to configure Wi-Fi sync with a single vault on a single computer, so if you try configuring sync with a new device, 1Password on Android will ignore it.

Had you made any backups from your old laptop before discarding it? Also, have you synced your vault on any other devices?

This discussion has been closed.