Open In New Tab Doesn't Work

Options

Command-Clicking (Open in new tab) on most links on the Teams site doesn't work. For some reason it takes you back to the login screen. It should use the cookies or local storage already on the browser and open to the link.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It should use the cookies or local storage already on the browser and open to the link.

@jfelchner: That's correct. Sorry or the confusion! Loading again in a new tab or window is a new browser session (these are each sandboxed, after all), and will require authentication.

It should use the cookies or local storage already on the browser and open to the link.

No. 1Password for Teams doesn't use cookies to keep you logged in. We'll continue to explore ways to improve this, but not at the expense of security.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty then what's the point of the "This is a public computer" checkbox on the login page?

• @jfelchner : though we don't use cookies to keep you logged in, we use Local Storage to save the Account Key. If I remember correctly, the "This is a public computer" checkbox makes sure that we don't persist the Account Key to Local Storage.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion I'm not happy about "open in new tab" not working, but I understand the reasoning. :+1: It's just very handy to be able to quickly open up multiple vaults in multiple tabs.

• @jfelchner You're not alone. We'd all like that to work. :) Hopefully they figure something out. If they figured out Safari support, I have hope that they can figure this out too eventually.

This discussion has been closed.