Reset Master Password for 1Password Teams

Options

I created a 1Password team about a week ago, using the Dice Ware password generator for maximum security. I immediately logged in on my iPhone and invited another member who is both logged in on desktop and mobile.

I'm normally a champ at remembering all my passwords, but for some weird reason, when I got my new Mac today, I could just not remember the Master Password.

I know I should have written it down physically, but I trusted my otherwise trustworthy memory skills.

Is it in any way possible to reset it? As I said, I'm still logged in on my phone.

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: BETA
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: kb-search:teams reset master password, kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• Hey @philipengberg! Well, there are a few things to check for. First, did you save your Emergency Kit during setup? It will either be in your downloads folder or printed somewhere if you did get a chance to print it. If you don't have that, did you save the password in your existing 1Password vault? If that's a negative as well, did you add the other person you invited to the Recovery Group? Let me know if one of those is the case, or if none of them are so I can help out with the next steps. :)

• philipengberg
    philipengberg
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth I'm afraid that's a negative on all of them.

• @philipengberg All righty. If you have access to your Teams account in an app, please move your data to your local vault. Simply select it by clicking the first item in the list, holding Shift on your keyboard, and clicking the last item in the list. Then right-click it and select Share. From there just choose the vault you want to move it to and click Move. Once you're done with that, could you send us an email at support@1password.com from the email address you used to sign up for your Teams account? Also include a link to this thread so we have some context. We'll help you start over with a fresh vault. And when you get things set up again, please consider adding another member to your Recovery Group just in case you lose some of our info. :)

This discussion has been closed.