Feature request : "View trash" permission per vault.

Options

Hi guys,
While we wait for better sharing between users, I want to "hack" around it, by having a temporary vault, to which I'll invite someone, share the password with that vault, let the person who needs temporary access into that vault.

Then when his time expires, I would like to remove him from that vault and delete the password from there.

The biggest issue with this thing now is, new vault users will be able to see the trash, so in order to do this super cleanly, I'll need to open a new vault all the time.

If you can add a "see trash" permission, I'll just disable that for all users, and then I could do the sharing very easily.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @altryne,

Is there a reason that you don't Empty the trash between users? Granted you should know that there's a chance that we expose an "undelete" of sorts at one point, but I doubt normal users would have permission to go see archived information. But for the time being it seems like emptying the trash would do the trick for this, no?

Rick

• altryne
    altryne
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, didn't know it was a possibility :)

I'll try doing that, but I do with for a more streamlined solution for all this, as a temp vault member is a hack that relies on human behavior to remember removing people manually

• altryne
    altryne
    Community Member
    Options

Specifically, because currently, sharing/moving is not available on the web version, people without OSX/IOS apps would not be able to use this flow at all, only login with the shared password by copying it, and then maybe saving it to their own vaults

• rob
    Options

@altryne yeah, we're hoping to put together a better solution there, but I don't have a timeframe on that unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.