Any plans for SSO?

ClayG
ClayG
Community Member

I know it may be considered redundant, but one of the priorities for my company when vetting new services is SSO, preferably the ability to integrate into Okta. A primary reason for this is so that when we terminate a user's Active Directory account it terminates access to everything. Overlooking the termination of one departed employee's 1Password account could be a potentially significant vulnerability for us.

Another side question: is it possible to disable app syncing and require web access only? If not, are there plans to? Not a request, just curious.

Thanks for your time and support.

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-31
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @ClayG.

SSO is definitely a request we've gotten multiple times and it's something we would be interested in if it were possible. At this point, we're still in the early stages of trying to figure out if it's even possible, since SSO and 1Password for Teams operate fundamentally differently (with 1Password for Teams requiring specific information for decryption of data). That said, it would be awesome if we could come up with a solution to support SSO and ActiveDirectory. I just can't guarantee it at this point.

Disabling app syncing is another idea we're considering, but again no guarantees or timeframes at this point.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now!

This discussion has been closed.