All set up, but what about this stuff?

Options
Rafael_K
Rafael_K
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Business and Teams

We are so excited about 1Password for teams, but we can't figure out if we're just daft:

1. team members who started with silly passwords (master) can't change their their passwords:
  2. We can't import vault information from our previous pro accounts, even by exporting from the other account. Are they link-able yet?
  3. Is the whole thing just a shell right now and we are meant to just play around and give feedback? There has not bee a lot of clear communication, so we're trying to guess what our expectations should be.
  4. The 1Password iPhone app isn't actually letting us connect, even though we scan the code and such.

THANKS all!

R

1Password Version: 1Password for Teams
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud, I think

Comments

• Hey @Rafael_K! Great questions. Here are some answers:

team members who started with silly passwords (master) can't change their their passwords:

The ability to change your Master Password is available in the 1Password for Mac app, but not in the web interface for Teams just yet. You'll first need to add your account to your Mac, then launch the app and click the 1Password menu in the menu bar and click Preferences. From there, click the Teams tab, select your team, and click Change Password.

We can't import vault information from our previous pro accounts, even by exporting from the other account. Are they link-able yet?

It depends on what you mean by "pro accounts". If you were using 1Password on your devices before and/or sharing things with Dropbox, you can simply move that data over to your Teams account. It's currently only possible on Mac, but we're working bringing it to other platforms as well.

Is the whole thing just a shell right now and we are meant to just play around and give feedback? There has not bee a lot of clear communication, so we're trying to guess what our expectations should be.

It is a beta, so we would love your feedback. Sorry if that wasn't communicated well. We've been sending out emails to our Teams users to keep them up to date with the latest developments, and we've also been including a section at the end asking folks to get in touch with us. We really appreciate that you did get in touch. This kind of feedback is great, and you can feel free to post more of it here or email us at support@1password.com if you prefer.

The 1Password iPhone app isn't actually letting us connect, even though we scan the code and such.

Well tut tut! This should not be so. What version of the app are you guys using, and on what version of iOS? We'd be happy to help you look into things more and figure out what's going on. Do there happen to be any errors or is the account simply not added to the device?

Hope that helps for now! :)

• Rafael_K
    Rafael_K
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there.

Thank you so much for your reply. In theory, this is all very helpful, but I am not able to figure out how to accomplish what you are saying. The changing of the password seems straightforward and I'll get on that asap. I'm sorry to say, I need a bunch more help.

The rest of this is either not working or I've completely lost my mind. First, my OnePassword for teams "account" keeps becoming inaccessible and I have to start from scratch. There are no clear instructions for how to switch from using the personal OnePassword account to using BOTH, transferring selected information from the personal account over to the "teams" account.

Basically--I need a walk-through tutorial. What I am hoping to accomplish: go from using the personal service to using BOTH services, porting only the things I would like my team to have access to over to OnePassword for teams. If that all has to be manually entered . . . nightmare.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I've spent a lot of time on this, now, and it is just driving me nuts. I am a HUGE fan of OnePassword (and a prosthelytizer). I am now pulling my hair out, which is bad.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• @Rafael_K Glad I was able to help out a bit. Hopefully this response covers everything else. :)

First, my OnePassword for teams "account" keeps becoming inaccessible and I have to start from scratch. There are no clear instructions for how to switch from using the personal OnePassword account to using BOTH, transferring selected information from the personal account over to the "teams" account.

I was hoping that the Moving data from a personal vault to a Team vault knowledge base article would cover this. Just to clarify: You don't have to move everything over to your Teams account. You can keep everything in your local apps if you'd like to. To move things over, though, simply follow the steps in that guide and you should be set. If that's not quite what you're looking for, could you please let us know what's missing?

Hopefully that helps your hair stay intact. :lol: I can record a screencast for you as well if you'd prefer that.

• Rafael_K
    Rafael_K
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Sure thing.

The article only helps you move things within your personal account; the team vaults don't show up in the drop down menu. Am I doing something wrong? I have two vaults in my "personal" account, but really I don't need them both. I created two so that I could port the information that I wanted in the team account separately and wholly. I am poised to make this switch, so anything you can do to help . . . !

• @Rafael_K I am surprised that the team vaults do not show in the menu. Are you able to see and switch between the team vaults in the app?

• @Rafael_K And on the note of what Roustem asked, could you click the 1Password menu and click Preferences, then click the Teams tab and see if your team is listed there?

• Rafael_K
    Rafael_K
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @roustem @penderworth, THANK YOU both for jumping in. So, it seems as though I needed an update, which--at first--seemed to make the Teams options show up and I got really excited because it appeared as though all I needed was an update and I'd be up and running across both platforms. I tried to log in with my account key, as instructed, but then . . . total failure. I got an error message. I then de-installed and re-installed the update and 1Password wouldn't launch at all. I checked to see if I had duplicates, but I didn't. Now, I am running on 5.something.somethingelse (reinstalled), but the Team components don't show up there--there is no tab (I'm on a Mac). 6.0 isn't working. So . . . thoughts? Sorry guys--I hate to be such a pain in the neck.

Cheers!

• @Rafael_K You definitely need to be on the beta of 1Password for Mac in order for Teams to work. What error message did you get when you tried to add your team in the 1Password 6 beta? I'd recommend installing that beta again and trying to add the team once more. If you do get an error, please take a screenshot of it. Make sure to remove or mask any private info since this is a public forum. Then just attach it to your post by clicking the document icon and clicking Choose Files like this:

I'd also recommend scanning the QR code from the Get the Apps page in the Teams web interface to add the account to your Mac app. That way there's no discrepancy in typing the Account Key manually. :wink: Let us know how things go.

• Rafael_K
    Rafael_K
    Community Member
    Options

I have done as requested. I am getting a sequence of error messages. The first one comes and then I hit "dismiss" and then the second message comes.

The "We've got a problem" is first.

THANK YOU again.

Rafi

• @Rafael_K Aha! I see what happened there. It looks like the old 1Password mini wasn't quit before moving to the beta. How did you move to the beta version? It's best to open 1Password's Preferences, switch to the Updates tab, and check the box beside Include beta builds. In this case, could you reboot your computer? That may get the issue sorted out. If not, we'll need a bit more info to see what's going on. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

This discussion has been closed.