Safari migration for early adopters

Options

@brenty

In a other Post you told me, that you are working an safari migration for early adopters. Does it works already ? What have I todo ?

And is there any tech documentation available what you've change to support safari now? Did you move away from webcrypto ?

Random

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@random_31731ec7aea

When I asked about a day ago, I received "it is a work in progress".

Still no Safari availability yet. :(

• Hey @random_31731ec7aea,

Thightower is correct: We're still working on this. Hopefully we have something ready soon – we at AgileBits would love support for it as well. :wink:

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth Could you clarify whether it's fixed for new sign-ups? Another post several days ago seemed to imply that it was.

Also, I was told that the ability to change the primary sign-up email address was "coming soon." Has that feature been implemented?

• @EnerJi Safari is supported in signups created after 4 December. It's good to remember, though, that 1Password for Teams is in beta, so Safari support isn't perfect. Just let us know if you encounter anything funky.

Also, I was told that the ability to change the primary sign-up email address was "coming soon." Has that feature been implemented?

Yes it has. Before you change your email address, you'll need to make sure the email domain (e.g. penderworth@gmail.com) is allowed on the account. To do that, click your team's name in the top right of the screen and click Admin Console. Then click the Invitations tab and add the email domain to the left column. Click Save and you can now change the email to a new one.

Click your team name once again in the top right and click My Profile. Then just click the pencil icon beside your email address and enter a new one. Click Send Confirmation and confirm things from the other email address. Then you should be all set! :)

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @penderworth for the detailed and quick reply!

• Of course. :)

• Yes, that is the super obvious error message we have right now for those who are trying to log onto Safari when the account has not migrated ;)

We are continuing to work on a migration that will allow the early adopter teams to use Safari. Essentially it will have to update the public/private key-pair for those teams to use an encryption algorithm that is supported across all of the browsers.

• random_31731ec7aea
    random_31731ec7aea
    Community Member
    Options

So what is the time shedule for migration?

For me it would be okay to force users to initiaed the migration before they are allowed to access 1p4t again. Maybe with a mail notification.

• We're getting close, @random_31731ec7aea. The code is written and we're in the testing phase, so parts of me want to promise a date. Other parts of me remind me that sometimes the testing phase takes the longest :)

My hope is to include the instructions in the next announcement email that we periodically send out to all teams.

On a personal note, I tried to access 1Password Teams from my iPhone last night and got the error message. So I'm very hopeful we are able to roll this out very soon :)

This discussion has been closed.