can't sync dropbox

samcltr
samcltr
Community Member

I have 1password on android and am trying to backup my vault on dropbox. I get the error message:

The data folder 1Password is configured to sync with no longer exists. Tap Details for information on resolving this error.

When I click for details, there is no helpful solution posed other than what I think is just advice to reset my vault.

I can't find the original 1Password.agilekeychain. I believe that I had originally tried to back up my passwords in dropbox because I wanted the desktop version of 1Password as well. When I realized how expensive it was to add 1password on PC, I decided not to purchase and deleted the 1Password.agilekeychain file from my dropbox because I thought there was no point in just keeping it in there.

Does this mean that there is now no way for me to back up my files and transfer them to my new phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:setting up dropbo

Comments

• Hi @samcltr. Sorry to hear about your sync troubles. At the moment, 1Password 4 for Android allows you to configure sync with any one data file in any path, but once you've selected that path, there's no way to change it without completely resetting the app.

First things first, I'd like you to try restoring the .agilekeychain in Dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/296

Also, please let us know if you've ever synced with any other devices, and if so, what devices. Thanks!

• samcltr
    samcltr
    Community Member

I am unable to restore the .agilekeychain in Dropbox using the steps described.

I never actually synced with any other devices and the only version of my vault is stored on my old phone and it seems I have no way to back it up, because I cannot access the .agilekeychain from my dropbox.

At this point, is there any way to back up my passwords and transfer them to my new device?

• Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change your sync configuration once it has been set up. The only way to reconfigure sync is by reinstalling 1Password or clearing application data, but that will delete all of your local data from 1Password. If you are not able to restore the AgileKeychain and have not synced with another device, the recourse at this stage is to manually go through your items and add them in your new phone.

I'm really sorry we are not able to do much here. :( Let us know if we can help in any other way.

This discussion has been closed.