New master password not working on iPad

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Add to and sync between iOS devices..

Comments

• sandy_pswd
    sandy_pswd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Don't want to purchase for Mac until I can get my password to open on iPad. Changed password recently. Used hint and entered in as many ways as I could imagine. Finally uninstalled and reinstalled with a new vault. It recognizes my info in iClous but I can't merge because still can't access. Any suggestions?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sandy_pswd,

Thanks for writing back. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I've split your post about this separate issue into a new thread so we can make sure you get the attention you deserve. :)

You'll need to first unlock with your old password, so that 1Password can sync the change. Only then will the new Master Password be in effect.

1Password has no way of knowing about the change unless it syncs, but it has no way of syncing unless you unlock it. And you can only unlock it with the Master Password it is expecting (still the old one) until all that happens. :)

Please let me know if that was the cause of the issue. If you're still having trouble, we are happy to dig deeper.

Cheers!

• sandy_pswd
    sandy_pswd
    Community Member
    Options

Several weeks ago I did unlock 1Password with the old master password and then changed it. Unfortunately, I must have neglected to note it in my private listing. I did find what I thought was the new master password on a note but by that time -!after trying numerous versions per my hint - I had finally uninstalled and reinstalled. Only have it on my iPad so can't restore just the original app. I have my invoice fron the original purchase, but when I reinstalled it was free and noted that there was info in iCloud. Not sure how to proceed at this point.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sandy_pswd

I'm sorry to hear you've forgotten your Master Password. Please see this guide for some tips, and if necessary, instructions on starting over:

(iOS) My Master Password is not being accepted. What should I do?

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.