which one do I need

Options
jackie_M
jackie_M
Community Member

Sorry for such a basic question. I am switching from Keeper to 1password. I would like to use it on my iPhone, iPad and mac. Is there a specific one I need to purchase? Is it best to purchase at the app store on directly on agile bits?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jackie_M The first thing to make clear is that 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS are completely separate products.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about AgileBits' approach to software licensing in this knowledge base article.

You can buy 1P for Mac either from the Mac App Store or direct from the AgileBits store. There are two things to bear in mind:

1. If you ever want to use iCloud to sync 1P data between your Mac and iOS device(s) you must buy 1P from the Mac App Store because the version from the AgileBits store doesn't support iCloud sync (following changes made by Apple on the launch of OS X Yosemite). Both versions support sync of 1P data by either local wifi or Dropbox.
    2. If you have owned an earlier version of 1P for Mac you may be entitled to an upgrade discount if you buy from the AgileBits store. That discount won't be available if you buy from the Mac App Store.

You can read more about the differences between the two Mac versions in this knowledge base article:

Should I buy 1Password from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store?

1P for iOS is a free download from the App Store accessed from your iOS device—with an in-app purchase to enable pro features. If you make that in-app purchase on one iOS device you can enable the pro features without charge on any other iOS device that uses the same Apple ID.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jackie_M,

Please let me know if you have any questions after reading the article that Stephen linked to. He's provided a lot of great information there! If there's anything further you need clarification on, we're happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.