What happened to the Google Drive discussion?

kuoirad
kuoirad
Community Member

It seems to have disappeared...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@peri There is a new version of the drive API see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7YH6rdR-tk so what about this version can you use it to implent drive sync?

• @kuoirad Do you mean this Google Drive discussion? It's still there. :)

• Thanks for the heads up @ntimo. Really excited to see what version 3 brings to the table! I'll pass it to our developers. :)

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

@saad - oddly, despite the latest response in the thread being on Dec 17th, it shows up in the list as not having been responded to since September. That's why I didn't notice it.

• That is a little odd. :) I know that sometimes funky and strange things happen to the topic dates when threads are merged, and that thread is one that often has offshoots merged into it. That may be why the date shown on the topic list is different from what's shown in the actual thread.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@saad

I'm sure the team has been working furiously to get the latest beta out, but I was curious whether anyone had examined the new Google Drive API that @ntimo posted. I'm curious as to whether the new API might impact your moving ahead with Google Drive support this year?

• Hey @EnerJi. The team has indeed been working furiously on the latest update. I don't have any news on Google Drive, but I'll mention this to the team. We had discussed a DevBits blog post on the subject. :)

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@peri

Funny that you mention it, as shortly before I wrote the above post I replied to @Megan asking exactly about the DevBits blog post for Drive, which would be very interesting. I would also be interested in a DevBits blog post going over the various trade-offs between the various filling options on Android, and why the keyboard option was selected over competing options, and what other options might be considered down the road.

For some reason, that comment thread hasn't jumped to the top of the front page, even though I comments on it over half an hour ago. Here's the link for your reference:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/273729/#Comment_273729

• @EnerJi It's not quite a DevBits blog post, but I went into a fair bit of detail about the considerations and trade-offs that went into the decision to implement filling with a keyboard in the 1Password keyboard and filling announcement. Please let me know if you have any questions that aren't addressed there. I'd be happy to discuss this in more detail (perhaps as part of a separate thread).

This discussion has been closed.