Re iCloud Keychain - Does 1Password replace it? Is it used by 1Password? Should it be on?

Options
gayemacy
gayemacy
Community Member

Re iCloud Keychain - Does 1Password replace it? Is it used by 1Password? Should it be on?

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:why-use-1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gayemacy: If you're referring to Apple's iCloud Keychain in iOS itself, that's completely separate. Personally, I find it useful for some things, but be sure to not get confused about what you save in iCloud Keychain (Wi-Fi and service passwords, credit cards and logins supported as well) and what you save in 1Password (really, anything).

The primary benefits of 1Password overs iCloud Keychain is its flexibility, and the fact that you're in control of your data. As far as I know, there's no way to export data from iCloud, and you can't easily edit information there either.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

• gayemacy
    gayemacy
    Community Member
    Options

Great photo - you were the pirate at Halloween. You clever tech people ; )
    I love 1Password now. And the support people are amazing. Kind, quick to respond, and understandable.
    Thanks all you Tech Elves!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @gayemacy,

I'm glad Brenty's answer was helpful for you, and I'm very happy to hear you love 1Password - we want our customers to enjoy using it as much as we love making & supporting it! And on behalf of all the tech elves here, thank you so much for your kind words, we really love to see feedback like that! Customer service is an extremely high priority for us, and I'm glad it shows. It also helps to have awesome customers like yourself. :)

Oh, and yeah, I love Brenty's Halloween and Christmas avatars too, they're fantastic! They gave us all a good chuckle here, too. :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.