my iPad is not showing 1Password after i had to restore it from backup

Options
luluhu
luluhu
Community Member
edited December 2015 in iOS

My ipad mini had to be restored and then i had to synch with my computer, but the icon is not showing up on my mini. I purchased it for my phone and ipad but I do not know the extension version and cant find it on my mini....

Mostly I just want the icon to show up on my mini so i can use it like i used to.

1Password Version: 4.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:my pad is not showing one password after i had to restore it from backup

Comments

• luluhu
    luluhu
    Community Member
    Options

I really need some in person help... is there a phone number I can call?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@luluhu as your post relates to 1P for iOS I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P for iOS forum where you will get more help.

Please be patient. AgileBits' staff are on these forums almost all the time but many are in other time zones so may be sleeping now. Someone will be along to help you soon.

In the meantime please confirm that you have a complete set of up to date 1Password data on your computer. If that is the case it should be easy to recover the situation.

Stephen

• luluhu
    luluhu
    Community Member
    Options

complete set of up to date 1Password data on your computer. If that is the case it should be easy to recover the situation. I can access 1password on my ipad mini only through the app purchased and all the logins show up... i have 'synched' on... But there is NO ICON that shows up on my mini... I can only open 1password by going into the previously purchased apps...

• Ben
    Options

Hi @luluhu,

It sounds like 1Password may have accidentally been moved into a folder or to another home screen. Please check all of your folders and screens for 1Password. If it opens from the App Store then it is there somewhere.

Additionally, I'd highly recommend making a backup of your 1Password data now (perhaps even prior to looking for the icon):

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do this weekly / bi-weekly.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• luluhu
    luluhu
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have any folders on my ipad.... all my passwords are synched with my other devices so I can pull up allmy passwords on them... but it is not showing up on ipad... (which is what i travel with) do i just buy it again for my ipad?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luluhu,

If I've read your last couple of posts correctly I believe you're saying

• If you go to the App Store app and switch to the Purchased tab you can see 1Password for iOS and it has an open button that indicates the 1Password for iOS app is on your iPad. If it wasn't installed it would be a cloud icon with an arrow to indicate the download action.
    • If you tap the open button 1Password launches and you have access to all of your normal data.
    • I'm going to assume you're running iOS 9 on the iPad for this bit. If you swipe left to right on the main home screen you should bring up the iOS search. If you search for 1Password there does it show you the app and can you open it?

Something definitely isn't right but it's trying to figure out what. What I can say is if you have been able to open the app and see your data then you shouldn't be able to buy it again and it shouldn't be necessary. It's rare but I have seen posts elsewhere that might be related. The user was saying an application was missing yet it couldn't be downloaded. The root cause wasn't discovered but seemed to lie with iOS. I'm wondering if this is the same issue you're facing hence the questions.

Do you currently have access to your Mac? I'm wondering if 1Password shows up there and if it can be uninstalled through iTunes and then maybe allow you to install it normally again.

• luluhu
    luluhu
    Community Member
    Options

Ok,,,, everything you said to do, I had done before with one exception... and that is what solved this problem...

When i went to look for the 1Password icon on my ipad... i did swipe left but the icon was on a third page (even tho the 2nd page was not full)
    So it looks like I am good to go... thank god... I love this program and would be absolutely lost without it... I constantly recommend it to friends... I honestly do not know how people can manage the web without it.
    thanks....

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @luluhu. Glad to hear you were able to locate it. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.