How to move BACKUPS (NOT the agilekeychain) to a different folder? (1Password Mac version)

Frederic_Agile
Frederic_Agile
Community Member

Hello,

I know how to move the actual 1Password.agilekeychain to a different location (and I have done so already), but I am trying to change the default location of BACKUPS. I believe this existed in version 3, but haven't seen the option in version 4 and 5. I am using latest version of 1 Password for Mac (and latest Mac OS).
Currently backups are saved by default on /Library/Application Support/1Password X/Backups...and I would like to change it.
Thanks a lot.

PS: the folder is actually still called 1Password 4/ even though It is really 1Password 5 that is installed. But that's just a detail, it's not the issue.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to move backups to a different folder? (1Password Mac version)

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Frederic_Agile,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this!

In 1Password 4 and 5 for Mac, the location for automatic backups can't be changed. I'm sorry for any confusion about that! I can let our developers know you'd like to have an option to change that location in the settings (although I can't make any promises about if/when that might be added).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks! :)

• AbdPtyLtd
    AbdPtyLtd
    Community Member

this is a feature they removed as you could always do it prior to 5 on mac
    but they deny it
    pisses me off

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@AbdPtyLtd sorry to hear that you're disappointed about this change. I'll pass your frustration along. :)

This discussion has been closed.