Will AgileBits sign a HIPAA-required Business Associate Agreement with my medical practice?

Options

Hello. I would like to use 1Password for teams within my medical practice, but in order to be in compliance with regulations under the HIPAA act, I would need AgileBits to sign a business associate agreement. Given your privacy policy and security infrastructure, I believe this process would entail no commitment on your company's part other than to formalize our existing business/customer relationship, in the form of a signed BAA. Please advise, and many thanks in any case for a great product.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hipaa

Comments

• Thanks for the great question, @ocanosa, and thank you for the kind words about 1Password!

1Password for Teams is HIPAA compliant (we'll be updating our site to state this once we cross a few t's and dot a few i's) so I suspect we'd be happy to sign your Business Associate Agreement. I'd like to see it first before I promise to sign it though :)

Please email us at support@1password.com with this question along with your BAA and we'll take a look.

Cheers!

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Greetings -

We have updated our support articles to include the executive summary from our new HIPAA compliance article. You may find the new article here --

https://support.1password.com/security-hipaa/

Please email us at support@1password.com along with any HIPAA and BAA questions you might have and we'll take a look!

This discussion has been closed.