1Password security timeout (password / Touch ID request) while watching video results in sound only

Options
harrybailey
harrybailey
Community Member
edited December 2015 in iOS

Hopefully the level of detail below will help reproduce the issue so you can decide if it's an iOS or 1Password issue.

• Install 1Password 6.1.2 on an iPhone 6s (although I doubt the device matters)
  • Set your 1Password Auto-lock to be 1 minute
  • Which User Agent you select in settings doesn't make any difference

Then

• Open the 1Password browser
  • Browse to youtube.com and choose any video which is longer than 1 minute.
  • Play it - should go full screen

Do unlock bug:

• Wait for 1 minute
  • On prompt for password / Touch ID enter correct details / use Touch ID to unlock

The result is that the full screen video display is lost. You are returned to an html page where you can see the video container and hear the video playing but cannot see the video images. Nothing you do other than refreshing the page will give you the ability to return to viewing the video images.

Do not unlock bug:

• Wait for 1 minute
  • On prompt for password / Touch ID select cancel

The result here is that you can still hear the video playing, but you are now viewing the 1Password security prompt. Very odd. If you then log back in you get the same result at the do unlock steps above.

1Password Version: 6.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb-search:ios video

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

That's an interesting one! At first glance it seems like an iOS issue, but I've filed a report so we can follow up on it in the next version. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

P.S. It was a perfect level of detail, great bug report!

Cheers
    Connor

ref: OPI-3298

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oops, @harrybailey :)

• ingenierojgm
    ingenierojgm
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem, then I entered the site entering myself userid and password: I had NO INTERRUPTIONSduting video fisplay. So I think ia 1password problem

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ingenierojgm: I'm not sure I follow the steps you're taking there. Can you be more specific? It may help us narrow down the problem. Thanks in advance!

• ingenierojgm
    ingenierojgm
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem as harrybailey. Then, to be sure, I opened the site that I had the problem clicking session init from 1PASSWORD. The video display was interrupted after some seconds. Thinking it was because iPhone block after 1 minute seting in the iPhone, I changed that to NEVER: the behavior was the same. Then, I opened the same site with Safari, entered unername and password and started the same video: Eureka, it was displayed with no interruptions. Now, I know that I must not use 1PASSWORD for sites were I want to view videos. Need more steps, but it works!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ingenierojgm

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble, let me see if I understand correctly: if you go to safari, log into youtube and log in with 1Password your video gets interrupted? Does this only happen with youtube or have you seen this behaviour with any other pages that show videos? This will help us sort out what exactly is going on here and find a better way to solve it!

I'm also curious to know why you're not using the youtube app, I think that would solve the issue the cleanest way possible!

I hope to hear back from you :chuffed:

• ingenierojgm
    ingenierojgm
    Community Member
    Options

I am not usung youtube. The behavior I described is with another site with videos. If I use youtube in the app it logins automatically. I do not yet how to use youtube from 1password. I really don't use youtube too much in my iPhone. If Igo to the same site in my mac, no problem with video display.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I'm glad you found a workaround for whichever site that was. We're here if you need anything else! :)

• harrybailey
    harrybailey
    Community Member
    Options

This still exists, and still frustrates regularly.

Any progress?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harrybailey,

I’m sorry, but I don’t have an update for you on this issue at this time. I will remind our developers though that you’re interested to see a fix here as soon as possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.