Restore purchases

Options
luaralocateli
luaralocateli
Community Member

Hi!
Merry Christmas!

I used to be a pro user but i changed my phone and everytime i try to restore it doesn't work. I tried logging on my old app store account but still it didn't work. What can i do?
Thank you

Kind regards

Luara Locateli

Comments

• Chaszar
    Chaszar
    Community Member
    Options

I also have a new phone number, new user name, how can I restore purchases?
    My email is the same. Thanks!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@luaralocateli @Chaszar—on the assumption you're both talking about 1P6 for iOS the only thing that matters in restoring the pro features is that you are logged in to the Apple store with the same Apple ID as you used when you made the original in-app purchase to enable the pro features.

Stephen

• luaralocateli
    luaralocateli
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen,
    Thank you.
    I tried this and it did not work.

But thanks anyway

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @luaralocateli,

We've muddied up the waters a little in our choice of words so can I just ask, when you say you used to be a Pro user do you happen to mean 1Password Pro, one of the three variations of 1Password 3 for iOS?

At the time it was really popular to have different versions so we had 1Password for iPhone, 1Password for iPad and then a third, 1Password Pro which worked on both. All three were version 3 of 1Password for iOS though. When we created 1Password 4 for iOS we made it a paid upgrade. So a previous purchase of 1Password 3 for iOS didn't allow you to run 1Password 4 for iOS. Since then we've released both 1Password 5 and 6 for iOS, both as free upgrades to existing 1Password 4 users. In 1Password 5 we decided to try something new by making the basic version of the app free and a number of features behind an in-app purchase titled Pro features. 1Password 4 for iOS users got this for free via something called a grandfathered purchase.

So if the last version you purchased was 1Password 3 for iOS in any of its variants then you would need to pay for the Pro features in 1Password 6 for iOS.

If the last version you purchased was 1Password 4 for iOS then we need to help you with access to the Pro features. This may involve removing 1Password for iOS and downloading it again but don't do that just yet. I believe though that the Restore button won't work here.

If you purchased the Pro features in either 1Password 5 or 6 for iOS then the Restore should work and if it isn't we would need to help you by figuring out why it isn't working.

We'll wait to hear back from you before we try to proceed forward :smile:

This discussion has been closed.