troubleshooting message - 1 password unexpectedly quit.

Options
dacoman
dacoman
Community Member

why does my program quit each time i use it
i then restart and it works fine
also, i bought the new version of 1 password. can i transfer my old data

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, kb:contact-us, kb:icloud-troubleshooting, ug:mac/index

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dacoman,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I was about to ask you to provide all the version information we requested when you first posted…

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

However, it would probably be best to just get a Diagnostics Report from you if 1Password is crashing. You can create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac like this:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• dacoman
    dacoman
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased version 5.4 (was using version 3.8). Now all is working without quitting.
    Did I need to purchase this new version, or should I just have been able to update?
    Also, with my old version - on the phone I had to enter a pin number (4 digits) and then i was asked to enter my master password. Now there does not seem to be a pin number to enter. Is this correct?
    Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for writing back to let me know all is well now, @dacoman. That is always great news. :)

The upgrade was a not strictly required, but we have greatly improved 1Password since version 3. There were lots of great updates in version 4, and we made even more in version 5. So you made quite a great leap forward when you upgraded.

If you also upgraded 1Password on iOS, you will find the Touch ID option instead of the PIN Code (on devices that support Touch ID). You can read more about that in the 1Password for iOS User Guide:

1Password for iOS: Touch ID

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.