How to merge two vaults in iCloud

Options
karinze94
karinze94
Community Member

I just installed the app on my Mac. I am now setting up my primary Vault that I would like to back-up with iCloud. I had already a vault for which i forgot the master password. The system does not allow me to set up the new Vault without unlocking the previous one which i cannot do because i forgot the master password. How do i get round this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:move-vault

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @karinze94,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You can't technically merge a vault that you don't know the Master Password to. That would be a pretty big security problem if that was possible. However, you can erase the data from iCloud and start fresh with a new vault.

How to remove all 1Password data from iCloud

Obviously, you only want to do that if you are sure that you do not know the Master Password for the data in iCloud and/or you have nothing there you wish to save.

• karinze94
    karinze94
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! The issue came up during set-up of the system on my computer. What I had to do was to disable the iCloud Back-up during the set-up. This allowed me to complete the set-up and than follow the steps you described above. The App is running now.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for writing back to let me know all is well, @karinze94. That is always good news. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a great rest of your week and a lovely New Year!

This discussion has been closed.