restore backup from 5.xx back to 4.xx

Options
avinator
avinator
Community Member

how can you restore a back up made on version 5.xx with version 4.xx ? It appears they are no backward compatible

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @avinator,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You can certainly restore a backup from 1Password 5 in 1Password 4. Of course, there may be a simpler solution. You could set up Dropbox syncing between the Mac running v5 and the Mac running v4. That would be the ideal solution if you planned on keeping them up to date from now on. In fact, even if you just wanted to do a one-time migration, it could be beneficial. Once you set it up, your data would be syncing with Dropbox for use on other computers and mobile devices as well as in the future if you ever need to do another one-time migration for any reason. It's a super convenient thing to have set up.

Could you let me know a bit more about your situation? Do you have 1Password installed and functioning on at least one Mac? Are you trying to sync two Macs, or is it a backup from the same Mac? Some more details will allow me to give you the best solution for your particular situation.

• avinator
    avinator
    Community Member
    Options

I was trying to sync between 2 macs. I followed your dropbox sync advice and now it's working great.

Many thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@avinator,

Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know all is well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a great rest of your week and a lovely New Year!

This discussion has been closed.