No HTML import option on 1Password 5 for Mac? [RoboForm import]

Options
vaniello
vaniello
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

I am trying to import logins from Roboform on a Mac into 1Password 5 on a different Mac. The instructions for doing this on the agilebits web site state that I should save the data from Roboform as a HTML file and import this HTML file into 1Password. However, when I select File -> Import in 1Password there is no option select an HTML file type so I am unable to import the data from Roboform. How can I import my Roboform logins into 1Password on a Mac?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @vaniello,

I just added Roboform for Mac support to the converter suite. Use the roboform converter, available in the 1.08 version of the converter suite in Testing Bits.

Let me know if you have any issues!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vaniello,

I hope that MrC's post has helped you get your data into 1Password for Mac, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you. :)

• vaniello
    vaniello
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to use the converter suite to import my Roboform data into 1Password 5 for the Mac.

Not sure why Roboform uses so many different names for the username and password fields, but I updated the file Roboform.pm in the converter suite to cover the different names Roboform used for these fields.

If you would like to include these updates in the converter suite the lines I changes in Roboform.pm are:

[ 'username',           1, qr/user(?:name|id)|User ID|email|xhv_le|^login$|loginname|login_name|^log$|uid|value.login/, ],
        [ 'password',           1, qr/pass|Password|xhv_lpw|pwd|loginpw|pword|pswd/, ],

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@vaniello,

That's awesome, thanks so much for the RE update. That's exactly the type of feedback I hope to get from folks when they have issues (although I'd never expect to get an actual RE update, so Hats Off To You!).

I think RoboForm just captures the name used in the web page form, and as you can see, it does make detection of the various fields more of a heuristic than a certainty.

Best,
    MrC

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@vaniello,

I'm actually working on the update to the converter to also handle RoboForm 7.x exports, and I've just added your REs, but want to tighten them up a bit to avoid false positives. Would you be willing to test the update later to be sure your fields are being hit correctly?

The best way to do this would be to create a new testing vault, run the converter now with your changes, and import the 1PIF into the testing vault. Then, when I give you new bits, run the updated converter and import the results into the testing vault. From there, you can quickly cycle though the adjacent entries, and any differences become obvious. If my tightening was too aggressive for some form field names, I'd like to know those field names).

Thanks again.

• vaniello
    vaniello
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I can test the update. Is the latest update in the testing suite?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options

@vaniello,

No, I'm working on it now. I need to rework the simple HTML parser to handle the RoboForm 7.x format. My current code is getting too clumsy, and I want to be able to handle the output regardless of how many columns were selected in the print list dialog.

I'll ping this post here when its ready.

• vaniello
    vaniello
    Community Member
    Options

I am using a Mac and the version of RoboForm on it is 2.2.7.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@vaniello,

Understood, however ...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @vaniello,

The updated RoboForm converter is ready. It added RoboForm version 7 for Windows support, Identity exports, and doesn't care how many columns were selected in the Print List dialog for Logins.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@vaniello and others,

Version 1.08 of the converter suite now contains the roboform converter that supports RoboForm for OS X and versions 6 and 7.x of RoboForm for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.