TouchID in iOS app

pdnd93
pdnd93
Community Member

If I enabled TouchID in in the 1Password app settings, but then immediately turned it off (after reading the warning that my master password would be in the iOS Keychain) without ever exiting the Settings of the app, was my master password ever actually saved in iOS Keychain? If so, how can I delete that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS app question - If I enabled TouchID in settings but then immediately turned it off (after reading the warning that my MP would be in iOS Keychain) without ever exiting the Settings of the app, was my MP ever actually saved in iOS Keychain? If so, how can I delete that?

Comments

• Hi @pdnd93,

You may be interested in this article:

How we securely store the Master Password in the iOS Keychain

But to answer your question: Yes, your Master Password would've been stored in the iOS keychain when you turned on Touch ID, and removed when you turned it off. Apple does not provide an interface for manual manipulation of the iOS keychain, but if you want to be doubily sure you can restart your device which also removes the Master Password from the iOS keychain.

Ben

• pdnd93
    pdnd93
    Community Member

bwoodruff,

Happy New Year! Thanks so much for the quick and thorough reply! Very helpful!

Thanks,

pdnd93

• You are most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy new year!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.